Can’t remember the last time I watched so many shows on Netflix/Prime etc. Thought I’d share some of my current favourites. Some I definitely binged and finished over a weekend!
1. Becoming (Netflix) – This documentary follows former First Lady Michelle Obama book tour, almost providing a visual supplement to her book. A natural story teller, I loved every minute of this. Definitely a must see.
2. The Last Dance (Netflix) – The 10 part docu-series, brings to life Micheal Jordan’s legacy. Watching Jordans journey emerging as the best player on his high school team through to the realest MVP was incredible and reinstated the importance of commitment, determination and hard work required to achieve success.
3. Ozark (Netflix) – My favourite show to date! Ozark is an American crime/drama series based on a married couple who are forced to relocate their family to the Ozarks following a money laundering scheme gone wrong. All three seasons are available on Netflix.
4. Insecure (HBO) – American comedy series created by Issa Rae, it is partially based on Rae’s acclaimed web series Awkward Black Girl. I absolutely love this series and am so glad we have Season 4 to laugh through over quarantine!
5. The Stranger (Netflix) – A British mystery thriller based on a happily married father of two whose life is turned upside-down after a stranger tells him a secret about his wife.I was hooked from the jump and literally could not stop watching. All the episodes are on Netflix, perfect for binge watching over a couple of days!
6. Self-Made (Netflix) – A four-part, limited series on incredible story of Madam C.J. Walker, who was the first African American self-made millionaire. Produced by LeBron James, I enjoyed how this series showcased ground-breaking entrepreneurship, the success and determination of Madam C.J. Walker in building an empire from nothing.
7. Killing Eve (BBC) – Another one of my go to shows, Killing Eve is back with Season 3 on BBC. Two women, equally obsessed with each other, Eve is a MI5 security officer, Villanelle is a psychopathic assassin. Once you start, you can’t stop!
8. Noughts & Crosses (BBC) – Based on an adaptation of the book Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman. The British series takes us through a dystopian world divided by colour where black “Cross” people rule over white “Noughts”.
9. Unorthodox (Netflix) – The series is loosely based on Deborah Feldman’s 2012 autobiography Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots. In the series, a woman flees an arranged marriage in Brooklyn to start a new life abroad, an eye opening drama.
10. Little Fires Everywhere (Amazon Prime) – Based on Celeste Ng’s novel, this American drama series featuring Reece Witherspoon and Kerry Washington is next on the list to watch!
Comment with any shows you’ve been loving over quarantine! Love, LB x