Changes in weather always tend to have an impact on my lips and no one, absolutely no one is trying to have chapped lips. My lips tend to get dry over winter and during the past couple of years, I’ve found a few home hacks and products that I love and keep my lips feeling soft and moisturised.
The first one is a DIY lip scrub that literally takes seconds to make. All you’re going to need is some coconut oil, sweet almond oil, brown sugar and organic honey. I use equal parts of each of the ingredients, mix in a bowl and you’re good to go!
One thing to note with homemade lip scrubs is to ensure you lightly scrub when applying.
- Coconut Oil – is filled with moisturising properties, hydrating and protecting your lips. The omega fatty acids in coconut oil also provide anti-bacterial benefits.
- Sweet Almond Oil – I use the one from Nurture Organics, the oil is rich in vitamins and has moisturizing qualities.
- Brown Sugar – gently exfoliates your lips, getting rid of any dry skin due to its grainy texture (natural exfoliate).
- Organic Honey – honey is a natural humectant thus adding moisture and soothing dry lips.
A few products that have become my go to include the following;
- Dior Lip Glow – this is my all-time favourite lip balm as it has a rosy effect that enhances your natural lip colour and hydrates at the same time.
- Vaseline – this is a classic that I tend to turn to in the evenings only. Its a lot thicker which as a result provides a good protective layer, preventing moisture from escaping.
- Laneige Sleeping Mask – this more recent discovery has a softening balm texture that closely adheres to lips for quick absorption. Its also enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants!
Comment with any of your DIY hacks or favourite lip care products!