My hair journey has been long to say the very least. I went through a phase where I thought I was looking after my hair fairly well but in reality, I was not touching the surface of hair care. Once I realised I needed to do a lot more in order to get my hair healthy, I began to buy a variety of items and products which have now become part of my hair care regime.
1. Denman Brush – A good hairbrush is essential. If you have curly hair, the Denman brushes are fantastic! The D3 Original Styler 7 Row is great for detangling and defining curls.
2. Spiral Hair Tie – I absolutely love spiral hair ties! Not only are they a lot more comfortable but they more importantly limit hair breakage. They are often sold in packs and last much longer than the traditional elastic hair bands.
3. Shampoo & Conditioner – A gentle shampoo and conditioner are key to maintaining healthy hair. A significant number of shampoos have chemicals and parabens which weaken and damage your hair. I have been using John Frieda’s Frizz Ease Dream Curls line or Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea Butter range for the past 4+ years and have seen a huge improvement in my hair since.
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Shampoo
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Conditioner
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Retention Shampoo
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
4. Hair Masque – I tend to prefer making hair masks at home, however, can often be tight for time in which case I use Shea Moisture’s Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque. I usually do this once to twice a month.
5. Moisture, moisture, moisture! – Integrating natural oils like coconut and olive oil has done my hair wonders. I oil my hair on wash day with a combination of the two oils and leave in for 2-3hrs before washing off. On a daily basis, I use John Frieda’s Frizz Ease Perfect Finish Serum which helps maintain moisture.
Hope these essentials help! Love, LB x